Languages: ARM assembler, C, C++
Platforms: Windows Phone 7
Devices: HTC, Nokia, Samsung, ...
- Debugging of native executables.
You can use almost all CE Remote Tools. Limitations: CERemoteSpy can’t setup a window hook (thanks MS for abandoning slot-based virtual memory system) Process Viewer can’t get list of processes
- Visual Studio 2008 and Windows Mobile 6 Pro SDK installed. If you also have Visual Studio 2010 + Windows Phone 7 SDK, most likely you won’t be able to use debugger in VS2008. To fix this issue, copy attached edm2.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\SmartDevices\Debugger\target\wce400\armv4i (probably without x86 postfix in Program Files path) (Just to note - this edm2.exe isn’t “special for ce7”. It works on WM6 device too).
- You should have full unlock on your phone.
How to use
- Sideload NativeDebugger.xap to phone.
- Run it, wait until IP list appears.
- In VS2008: Tools->Options. Then change IP to 127.0.0.1. Prebuilt binaries